Thursday, April 12, 2012

It's All Coming Back To Me Now

It's been strange coming back from spring break.

The first day back was rough because everyone was tired and forgot what it was like to be in school all day. Teachers included. I tried to play with them and those attitudes when I created my lessons though.

I taught fifth grade how to ask each other how break was. To make things more interesting and fun I had a few ridiculous reactions that we learned. The kids seemed to really get into that. And I made sure to recycle those expressions in the next lessons so that it wasn't a waste. The phrases I chose, like I went and I stayed (in French of course), too are interchangeable in other situations.

In third grade we got to hear a presentation from my puppet on her own spring break, she did go to Martinique after all. The students got really in to that as well. I had them just listening and repeating a lot in the first lesson and then by the next one introduced more interpretive reading activities.

The one kid that's been giving me trouble in first grade was even interested enough in the videos and virtual tour of Le Musée du Louvre that he forgot to act out, he thought about it in the beginning but changed his mind after the music caught him off guard.

1 comment:

  1. I really like how you are able to present cultural information via the puppets. When even "that kid" is engaged, you know you have them hooked!

    ReplyDelete