Friday, March 9, 2012

Family Life

I really like my CT, I mean I really like her. She's a great person and very easy to relate and talk to. And she is also very good at what she does. Seeing her in action in the classroom has helped me see different techniques and varying methods in real life and not just in the text book.  She's so positive with the kids and has created a great environment to learn. My CT is also very good at helping me with my reflections and debriefings after seeing my lessons. She's also very tactful and constructive with her criticisms.

And, I really like her family. I've met her husband a few times and met one of her kids, who was just so cute, and I've heard so many stories that make me feel like I know her other boy.

Having said all of that, I sometimes feel like her family obligations, which I fully understand, make things a little more difficult for me. For example, in the mornings when I have some questions for her, she's not always around. Some days she arrives at school only a few minutes before we are supposed to start teaching. I completely understand that she has childcare arrangements that prevent her from getting to school by 7:20, I really do. But it also means that after practicing my lessons the night before and thinking up questions that I want to ask her, I run out of time to do so. Sometimes I can squeeze them in. Sometimes I just go with my gut instinct and it all works out and sometimes it doesn't go according to plan. Usually it's not a big deal though.

I think in the end it will make me more independent and self sufficient. But right now it's a little frustrating.

2 comments:

  1. Ohh Mi Alex!!
    You are such a good teacher that you already are so self sufficient and independent in doing your own things. I'm pretty sure that you are going to find the way to make things work out beautifully.
    My CT is also a great person. I really like the way she teaches and the environment she offers to learn is also great. However, when it comes to do a reflection, she always leaves me in the limbo ...because she wants me to do my own reflection all by myself, which is hard sometimes to do.
    I'll see you on Tu.
    Adios

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can be easy to want to depend on someone for "all the answers" but ultimately, you'll be in a classroom, by yourself, and you'll have to make all the big girl decisions. You've been well-trained and you are having a great experience so now is the time to fly and be free :)

    ReplyDelete